Brigitte Bardot’s son Nicolas
Brigitte’s painful relationship with her son Nicolas-Jacques Charrier was appeased.
On January 11, 1960, Brigitte Bardot gave birth to Nicolas-Jacques Charrier. Brigitte Bardot’s son and only child, born from her relationship with the actor Jacques Charrier, this child were desired only by his father:
“I did not want to give birth to an additional human being. I think there are too many on Earth. And they scare me”
Brigitte Bardot’s maternity
Brigitte Bardot never had the maternal instinct: “I believe today that it can be learned. But at the time, it was a pain, she says. I did not feel it, and I did not understand why, while I had it with animals.
I got picked up for daring to admit it. This painful maternity with Nicolas-Jacques. Brigitte Bardot had already mentioned it extensively in her book, Initialed BB, released in 1996.
At the time, the words used to describe her pregnancy were very hard:
“It was like a tumor that had nourished me, that I had carried in my swollen flesh, thinking only the blessed moment in which we would finally rid it”
The nightmare having reached its climax, I had to live for life the object of my misfortune. “This sinister day, Brigitte Bardot gave birth, without painkillers, in a clinic of the 16th arrondissement of Paris. The pain was intense:
“Animal wounded to death, I screamed without restraint”
She wrote in Initialed BB When she was introduced to her child, she rejected it:
“I drive crazy, I did not want to see it anymore.”
She said to the midwives.
Brigitte Bardot and Nicolas-Jacques Charrier reunions in court
- When Brigitte Bardot divorced Jacques Cherrier in 1963, she did not have custody of her son. She also did not want to see him grow up afterward.
- Either do Nicolas: On September 27, 1984, he married the Norwegian supermodel Anne-Line Bjerkan.
- Nicolas did not invite his mother.
- It was not until 1996 that their paths crossed again … in court. Shocked by Brigitte Bardot’s book Initials B.B., Jacques Cherrier and her son Nicolas Charrier had complained: the first for a violation of privacy, the second for infringement intrauterine intimacy.
Brigitte Bardot had been sentenced to pay 150,000 francs to her ex-husband Jacques and 100,000 francs to her son, Nicholas.
Over the years, the actress has always maintained her position:
“I had a son who did not provoke in me a terrible development of the maternal fiber – it’s not my fault …”, she confided for example to Nice- Morning in 2014.
Grandmother Brigitte Bardot
Far from her son Nicolas-Jacques Charrier, who now lives in Norway with his daughters, Anna-Camilla and Thea-Josephine.
I’m not a good grandmother”
They live in Norway with their father, they do not speak French, and we have no opportunity to see each other.
She declared in 2009. I always said what I thought and thought what I said.
- I never believed in blood ties. Since then, Brigitte Bardot has finally changed her mind. The appeasement, finally. Fifty-seven years after the birth of her son Nicolas, Brigitte Bardot finally got back to him.
“During Nicolas’s childhood, our relationship was painful. For him as for me”
- And then things have calmed down, she says today in. We call ourselves regularly.
- Living in Norway, he visits me once a year, in La Madrague, France alone or with his family, his wife, my granddaughters and even my great-granddaughter.
- Brigitte Bardot finds that her “son is great,” even though she maintains that she does not have much in common with him.
“I love him in a special way. He does not look like me. Physically, he inherited a lot from his father”
- His mimicry, his gestures, his way of speaking are very Jacques Charrier.
- Differences that do not happily prevent him (or rather, more) from enjoying his company.
In an interview with Le Monde published on 19 January, Brigitte Bardot also praises her son:
- Nicolas-Jacques Charrier is now 57 years old, and he is wonderful.
- He forged himself a life in Norway, and he succeeded.
- He loves children, cares a lot about his family, and me too at the same time, she says.
- I even feel like my son’s daughter, when I’m a great-grandmother! But at the time, how do you say, I did not know how to do it.
I was afraid of babies. Sometimes you just have to give time to the weather.
PS! Do not forget to see my video included in this post (top) or see it
in my Youtube Video channel Brigittebardotvideo, Brigitte Bardot and Jacques Charrier